Monday, March 13, 2006

I don't know what to think about this one

From Fox News:

Former Yugoslav leader Slobodan Milosevic, the so-called "butcher of the
Balkans" being tried for war crimes after orchestrating a decade of bloodshed
during his country's breakup, was found dead Saturday in his prison cell. He was
64.


Well, I'm certainly not mourning his life, let me just say that!

But I'm not so sure what to think about this. I must confess, my first reaction was, "Good, now we don't have to worry about that trial that's been dragging on so long!"

But really, when you think about it, it's terribly tragic. Not for Milosevic - he had it coming, sooner or later -, but for the many families who are desperate for Justice.
Now, even though we know what he did, he can never be declared guilty. In the record books of history, perhaps, he will be known as the evil despot he was.
But in the eyes of the law, he's innocent. How sad.