Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State Of The Union

I'm planning to watch the President's address later tonight, and here is what I would tell President Bush if I could advise him on what to say.

You must answer back, and without spin, the critics of the NSA wiretapping program.

Not, "in times like these, we must be vigilant, we must be strong", etc. That is fine for starters, but point-by-point is needed.

Same for Iraq. You must answer the spin with facts, or the spin will become accepted as facts.

Show the many positive accomplishments point blank without flowery words.

Push for drilling in ANWR as part of becoming less energy dependant.(Okay, I know this ain't happening, but I can dream...)

We do need to find alternative sources of energy, but please, don't spend the whole speech on that.

Iran. Tough, Reaganesque speech and policies are desperately needed right now.

Same for Palestine. Make it perfectly clear(please, no flowery speech) that we and Hamas are not on the same level, and Hamas needs to reform if they expect to ever be taken as anything but the terrorists they are.

I'll be blogging my opinion of the speech soon.