Sunday, September 24, 2006

For gosh sakes can we let private be private?!

Diane Sawyer to Clay Aiken:

"[are you]ready to come out and say you're gay?"


An angry Clay Aiken clashed Thursday with Diane Sawyer for asking him whether he is gay.
"I don't understand why you want to know," Aiken shot back. "I don't understand why it's any of your business.
"At some point, [the question] becomes just really rude, you know?" he said in an interview that aired Thursday on "Good Morning America." ... story
Yes, I totally agree. First the "mainstream" tells us we must let people live their lives, that it really doesn't matter, that it's all the same.
Then, at the same time, there's a fanatical obsession over something, I don't know about you, but that I really don't want to know about.
Please - can the media just leave private lives, private?
What do they want, a press conference and a book?