Sunday, December 18, 2005

(Finally!) Some common sense on race relations

From WorldNetDaily:
Actor Morgan Freeman has a solution to the problem of racism – "Stop talking
about it!" ... "I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask
you to stop calling me a black man," he says. "I know you as Mike Wallace. You
know me as Morgan Freeman.... The actor also criticizes Black History Month,
saying setting aside a special month actually segregates black history from
American history. Calling the idea "ridiculous," Freeman notes there's no "white
history month."
"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" Freeman
asks Wallace. "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American
history," he says.


He has the same thought I've had for a long time. How is racism going to go away if people are so hyper-sensitive to the race of other people? How is it going to go away when people are willing to play it for politics and legislate mindsets?
It isn't.