Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oops.

In my zeal for spreading the word about Operation Green Shirt/ Yellow Ribbon I broke a cardinal rule of polite blogging, and might've caused some of you to do the same.
I went to many different blogsites with a pretyped non-personal/ non subject message. This was rude and basically spam and I apologize for that.

I want to thank Confederate Yankee for taking the time to politely point that out to me in an email. He didn't have to do that, but I'm very glad he did. It's nice to know one of the big-time bloggers is also a gentleman. (His site's great too, of course!)

Anyway, if you're going to spread the word, please do these things:
Be personal. Don't just comment about this, comment about what their post was about. Bloggers want feedback, not advertisements.
If you're lying about liking their site, better move on. They'll find out sooner or later and if not, well, being genuine is more important.